According to Breakfast Research Institute, young adults have the greatest prevalence of skipping breakfast on any given day. How do you encourage someone to eat breakfast?
I started by researching people's behaviors around their daily dining habits through observations, in-person interviews and surveys. In parallel, I also investigated trends and motivations around food consumption.
Findings from early customer research
- People dined at home twice a week at the most.
- They preferred to cook if they had the time.
- Watching TV was a common during dinner.
- Many meals were had at a work desk or in front of a big monitor.
Factors influencing breakfast consumption
- Time considerations
- Ease of preparation
- Availability and easy access
A few principles to encourage eating
- Make it appetizing
- Make it easily accessible
- Encourage health benefits
- Make it convenient
Ready to eat parfait packs by YO2GO.
- YO2GO keeps all 3 food items in separate containers thus retaining its taste & texture.
- It makes it convenient for you to eat breakfast.
- Separate containers provide option to mix your own.
- YO2GO encourages after use of the container.
- It sells refill packs which can help you make your own combinations.
- Separate containers provide ease of preparation. You can make your breakfast the night before.
- Appeal of the packaging encourages you to buy and eat breakfast.