I am a human-centered experience strategist whose strength lies in identifying and envisioning new product opportunities for brands from user insight.
Over the last eight years, I have worked as a Design Strategist helping brands with new product development. I'm skilled in product strategy, roadmapping, concept development, the ability to clearly identify and articulate user and market needs and building relationships.
I am also entrepreneurial. Last year I returned from being a part of Remote Year’s inaugural group of 75 international professionals proving a hypothesis on future of work. We worked and traveled to 12 cities in 12 months. In these 12 months, I put my passion and research background to practice and started a company. In the past two years, I have focused on growing the company and now ready for full-time job opportunities.
EDUCATION / Undergraduate & Masters
Art Center College of Design
Masters Of Science In Industrial Design
2006 - 2009
IES College of Architecture
Bachelor in Architecture
1999 - 2004
WORK EXPERIENCE / 8+ Years
Jun 2015 - Present
Pikkabox | Co-founder
Pikkabox is an e-commerce platform of everyday local objects from around the world that tell a story. It started as a mystery box, that gives a snapshot of one country every month through the curated collection of locally made products. We curated and sold boxes from 9 countries. Apart from heading the new product development and strategy for Pikkabox, I also do the following,
- Source local products, artists & designers
- Negotiate partnerships with vendors, artists/designers
- Manage website and content
- Coordinate and manage shipping & delivery
- Write blog content and manage media/press enquiries
- Manage customer relationships & feedback
- Social media marketing
Jun 2015 - Oct 2015
Faith Popcorn’s BrainReserve / Trend spotter and writer
As a design strategist I have done in depth qualitative research and developed a keen eye to look for patterns and disrupters. I wrote blog posts and made short films about my observations every month about consumer trends around the world for BrainReserve’s blog Culture Pulse. My reports focussed on trends that are a departure from the norm, transforming consumer behavior or influencing the culture of each country.
Apr 2012 - Jun 2015
Material Connexion | Design Strategist
- My research and strategy contributions led to the acquisition of a patent for one of the largest pet food manufacturing client
- Developed strategies in collaboration with a team of material scientists to deliver conceptual design and material recommendations for a diverse range of industries like kitchenware, apparel, baby products, packaging, consumer electronics, home products, furniture and retail store design
- Collected and presented cross-industry research and consumer research for every project
- Organized and facilitated client workshops
Sep 2010 - Mar 2012
Nice Shoes | Design Strategist
- Part of a small in-house digital innovation lab, we created business start-up ventures for Nice Shoes
- Executed in-depth user research and interviews that led to new concepts
- Also, redesigned and rebranded their existing online media sharing application originally designed for the world of advertising and post-production, to make it more user friendly and accessible to varied users
Sep 2010 - Dec 2010
Pepsi Co + Continuum | Design Fellow
Selected from over 300 applicants to work in collaboration with Continuum for Pepsi Co.
Brought in as an external design consultant for a short term collaborative project between PepsiCo. and design consultancy Continuum. Mentored by the design consultancy, Continuum and by using design thinking tools we, came up with revolutionary concepts for the future of PepsiCo which were presented to the CEO, Indra Nooyi, and the top decision makers of PepsiCo.
Feb 2010 - Jun 2010
M3 Design | Industrial Designer
Worked with a team to create brand identity and future product development for a process management company. I was responsible for researching, analyzing and creating a map of the competitive landscape along with concept development for the multinational US company.
Feb 2004 - Jun 2008
Architect & Interior Designer
- Designed and executed interior spaces with focus on corporate interiors ranging from 600 sq. ft. to 10,000 sq. ft.
- Managed various contractors and consultants, from concept through to project completion
- Worked on architectural projects like residential buildings, hotels and film studios
EVENTS & CONFERENCES
IDSA International Conference - Speaker
Provoking the Physical Senses: In a world that is rapidly moving to all things digital, how do we create immersive experiences that engage the physical senses to drive innovation. How should we listen, to people and to experts, to understand emerging needs and opportunities.
2014 - 2015
IDSA New York Chapter - Board Member
Actively involved in planning and organizing events for IDSA New York chapter.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Designing for Children - With focus on ‘Play + Learn’
Selected and invited to present a paper written for international design conference on designing for children at Mumbai, India.
Jan - Aug 2009
Art Center College of Design Gallery
Two projects selected to be showcased - A dance shoe designed for the brand, Puma and YO2GO, a ready to eat breakfast meal.
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)
Ranked 3rd in an all India common entrance examination for design (CEED) at IIT.